Thursday, July 22, 2010

Contest: Submit Your Self Portrait

My love of portraiture is well-known (I suppose, to those who know me). For me, a portrait is monumental and lasting. I find portraiture to be one of the most moving art forms. Of all portraits, however, the self-portrait is the most touching. And, so, I’d like to introduce a contest to Stalking the Belle Époque. I invite all of you to submit your own self-portraits to me. It can be anything…a photograph, a drawing, a sculpture…anything. And, remember, for our purposes, a self-portrait doesn’t have to be literal. It can be anything that represents you. Email your image to me. On Friday, July 30, I’ll announce the winner. The winner’s image will be posted here at Stalking the Belle Époque. I look forward to seeing you!

Above image:  Yes, that's me.  It's a drawing I did recently as part of a set that I will call, "Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner."  That's "Breakfast."..a rather accurate representation of the glazed look I have at the start of the day.

No comments: