Friday, August 13, 2010

The Belle Époque Today: The Photography of Guy R. Giersch

Image courtesy of Guy R. Giersch
Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.

--Anne Frank
While we’re on the subject of evidence of beauty in the modern world, I’d like to share the talent of someone I have had the pleasure of knowing and working with for several years. Guy R. Giersch is the Historic Preservation Officer of my hometown. For four years, I served with him on the Historic Preservation Advisory Board. Guy is a fine artist. His medium is photography. Guy has one of the most neatly-tuned senses of color that I’ve ever known in a photographer.

Take, for instance, this image from Guy’s collection, “Beauty.” These images were captured in Italy and demonstrate Guy’s sensitive handling of color, motion and light. It’s people like Guy who are strengthening the footsteps of our march toward the rebirth of The Belle Epoque.

If you’d like more information about Mr. Giersch’s work, please contact me.

No comments: