Monday, October 25, 2010

Treat of the Week: Giant Sugar Cookies

With just a hint of sour cream and perfect crackly tops with a double coating of sugar, these chewy cookies will turn even the gloomiest of days into a celebration.  It’s difficult to get a sense of the size of these cookies in a photograph.  We affectionately refer to them as being “as big as your head.”  However, they’re about five inches wide.  They are light and have a wonderful texture with just enough chew to them before they melt in your mouth.  Always one to make an extra effort, my mother has added colored sugar to the dusting on the top.  This adds an attractive bit of “confetti” and makes these cookies as attractive as they are delicious. 


2 comments:

Fran said...

I would love to have one of these as big as my head. Hey, I've got a big head. I'll tell you, the colored sugar is a nice touch. I would never have thought of that. Very clever...

Joseph Crisalli said...

If only they were really as big as my head. I also have a rather large head. For once, it could work in my favor. Thanks for coming by, Fran!