Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cookie of the Day: Gorgeous Gingerbread Cookies

I’m pleased to introduce the seasonal segment, “Cookie of the Day” to give all of you a chance to glimpse the delicious treats my mother makes for us at Christmas. When we think of Christmastime, invariably, our thoughts go to cheerful gingerbread cookies. Gingerbread has been associated with Christmas for centuries. As early as the Sixteenth Century, German bakers hung decorated gingerbread figures in their shop windows as decorations.


Each year, my mother spends hours making gingerbread, rolling it, cutting it and decorating each cookie in great detail by hand. These cookies are more than just attractive decorations, however. They’re as delicious as they are beautiful. Shapes from elegant fluer de lis, jolly people and Christmas figures, make any plate of cookies feel like a celebration.


3 comments:

Rachel said...

Really beautiful cookies.

Book Gurl said...

I wish I had some of those!!!!

Joseph Crisalli said...

Thanks Rachel and Book Gurl! I hope you both have holidays full of beautiful cookies.