Sunday, April 10, 2011

Coming this Week at "Stalking the Belle Époque"

Over the past ten months, regular visitors have started to expect certain things each week from Stalking the Belle Époque. Now, as I plan the coming week’s activities, let’s see if I’m satisfying your expectations.

1. Antiques and interesting objects from my own collection? Yes. Seven, in fact.

2. Goals for the Day? Of course! Seven, as well.

3. Punch’s Cousin? Well, you don’t really think I’d leave Mr. Punch in limbo with a baby, now do you? Besides, Marie Laveau is bothering Marjani. That can’t be good.

4. A visit to an exciting location? Absolutely! Holyroodhouse in Scotland, to be exact.

5. Gorgeous gems and jewelry? You bet! Some of the most gorgeous. We’ll be taking a look at Britain’s Crown Jewels among some other rare treasures usually hidden from the public eye.

6. Art? Check! Paintings and sculptures and fans—oh my!

7. Unusual Artifacts? Certainly. I’ve got a really odd one this week.

8. A Gratuitous Bertie Dog Picture? That’s not up to me, of course. But, Bertie has assured me that he’s willing to insert himself into another grand work of art.

9. Classic cinema? I’ve got two wonderful films coming this week.

10. Rare antique photos? You bet! And, some nifty frames, too.

11. Visits with two great celebrities who really work hard to make a difference? Two of your favorites!

12. A look at contemporary artists who are keeping the spirit of creativity alive and well? Sure thing!

13. Our favorite puppet fellow, Mr. Punch? As always, we’ll take a look at Mr. Punch’s influence on the arts and humanities.

14.  The Treat of the Week?  It wouldn't be a good week without one of my mother's amazing desserts!  This week's offering will be really grand.

15.  A Music Hall favorite?  You'll find your feet tapping on Saturday!

16.  And much, much more?  Well, yes, there's always more!

So, there you have it. There’s a lot coming this week. I’m quite excited about all of it. Here’s wishing everyone a fantastic week!

No comments: