Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Punch’s Cousin, Chapter 341

What the hell are you doin’?” Marjani barked as she rubbed her stinging face after Iolanthe slapped her.


“Quiet!” Iolanthe hissed. “I know what I’m doin’.”

“Help!” Ulrika howled. “This woman has attacked us!” With one quick motion, Ulrika ripped the bodice of her dress, exposing her cleavage.

“What the hell?” Marjani stumbled backwards. “I trusted you.”

“And you should,” Iolanthe whispered.

Two of Marie Laveau’s men came forward. One of them belched, “What’s goin’ on here?”

“This woman,” Ulrika spoke up. “She’s out of control.”

“This one?” The other man pointed to Marjani.

“Yes,” Ulrika continued woefully, “she ripped my gown.” Tilting her head to one side coquettishly, Ulrika thrust her bosom toward the man. “See. I’m positively nude.”

“I see,” The man nodded hungrily.

Iolanthe rushed toward the other man. “You should have heard the things she said to us.”

“What’d she do, Miss Iolanthe?” the other man replied as Iolanthe softly put her arms around his neck.

“I don’t think she’s right,” Iolanthe feigned sobbing into the man’s neck. “She’s sick in the head. She…oh, I can’t say it. Even I have my limits.”

“Tell me all about it.” The man growled.

“Iolanthe!” Ulrika chirped. “I feel faint.”

“Oh,” Iolanthe cooed. “Please, help my friend.”

Iolanthe and the two men helped Ulrika sit as Marjani watched in disbelief. Then, she realized that she was unguarded.

Marjani listened for a moment as Ulrika moaned. “I’m cold. My bosom is so cold.” Then, a smile crossed Marjani’s stinging face as she realized what those two tricky women—so often her enemies—had done.

Holding her head up high, Marjani turned around and disappeared into the crowd.

Following the light of the fire, Marjani pushed her way through the sea of writing bodies to see her dear friend, Mr. Punch trashing about on the ground in front of the blaze.

“I’ll fight all of you!” Punch screamed. Only, it wasn’t Punch’s voice that issued forth from that angry head.

“Scaramouche…” Marjani whispered to herself.

“I’ll cut your throats!” Scaramouche bellowed as he thrashed about.

Several of Marie’s followed stood and watched in amusement.

“Your blood will spill in such quantity that it will extinguish this fire.” Scaramouche continued.

Marjani looked around and noticed that Marie Laveau’s attention had been caught by the inelegant scene.

“I got get to him before she does,” Marjani said quickly.



Did you miss Chapters 1-340? If so, you can read them here.

No comments: