Monday, October 31, 2011

Treat of the Week: A Spooky Spider Cake


Every year, my family and I enjoy a spooktacular time together for Halloween. This year, we celebrated with a new version of a family favorite. My mother created a bootiful treat of the week with this small (but tall) chocolate layer cake and matching cupcakes adorned with happy, smiling, orange spiders.

The only bad part was that we couldn’t share it with Bertie (chocolate being dog poison and all), but he enjoyed some dog cookies and his new Halloween toys while we gobbled up these gorgeous, grinning spiders. There’s no better fuel to keep the ghouls away!

Happy Halloween!











10 comments:

Doni said...

Oh my ghoulness! Your mum is *SO* much fun!!

Just watched "Shaun of the Dead" for Halloween, and this was the perfect 'top off'....If ONLY I could eat one through this darned monitor!!!

Carolyn said...

Scrumptiously bootiful! So well done! Happy Halloween!

Gene said...

Those are some spiders I'd love to eat.

Matt said...

I wish we had these for tonight. We had to settle for store bought. It's easier to keep my hands off the plastic looking ones from the store than it would be these. I'm in love with the cake.

Book Gurl said...

I only wish I had half of your mom's talent.

Joseph Crisalli said...

I wish you could eat one through the monitor, Doni. Happy Halloween!

Joseph Crisalli said...

Thanks, Carolyn! Hope you have a great night!

Joseph Crisalli said...

They're pretty good, Gene! I donr recommend eating non-cake spiders, however.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Store-bought never has the same appeal, Matt. But, that's probably better for your diet. Here's wishing you and your family a fun Halloween. Thanks for reading!

Joseph Crisalli said...

I will pass that on, Book Gurl. Thank you!