Friday, May 24, 2013

Mr. Punch's Puzzles: The Riddle of the Week





Once, again, Mr. Punch, with my help, is offering up a true Victorian riddle.  The first person to answer correctly--by posting in the comments--will receive public congratulations.  

So, here's this week's riddle.  We ask that you don't Google the answer.  Mr. Punch would not find that sporting at all.  Give it a shot and see what you can come up with.  Here we go... No cheating...



What is round as a dishpan, deep as a tub, and still the oceans couldn't fill it up?


And...the answer is...

A Sieve or Colander.  Congratulations to Kathy for being the first to give the right answer.

I'm closing this week's puzzle a little early since I'm battling a computer virus and wanted to make sure I could post the answer before I start the process of restoring things.

Come back next week for another of Mr. Punch's Puzzles!




Mr. Punch wants you to always know “the way to do it,” so why not check out our “That’s the way to do it!” products which are available only at our online store.  

17 comments:

April said...

Roseanne.

Matt said...

The sky?

Joseph Crisalli said...

Interesting.

Gene said...

A Funnel.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Perhaps a very big funnel.

Sam P said...

Man. We're greedy.

Joseph Crisalli said...

I don't disagree.

Angelo said...

Gene didnt say his mom in law so I will.

Joseph Crisalli said...

I'm glad someone did.

Carolyn said...

An actor's ego. I know from experience.

Joseph Crisalli said...

No comment.

Kathy said...

A colander.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Hmmmm...

Barb said...

I'm with Kathy. (and I know Carolyn is right, haha).

Gene said...

Darn, I forgot, Angelo. Good answer.

Beth Ann said...

One of those things gold prospectos use?

Joseph Crisalli said...

Which is essentially a colander. :)