Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Treat of the Week: Gamilla's Blackberry Jam Wedding Cake and a Lovely Frittata





We're always looking for a reason to have a special dessert.  Since, in Mr. Punch of Belgrave Square, our Gamilla is FINALLY marrying Gerard, my mother, in her infinite wisdom, created sumptuous wedding cakes in celebration of their fictional nuptials.


But, first, we all enjoyed a lovely meal of an enormous frittata.  This fluffy creation of egg, cheese, potatoes, broccoli and artichoke hearts was accompanied by a cooling salad, fresh bread, pancetta and one of my favorites--zucchini chips. Thin slices of zucchini were dipped in a mixture of egg whites, mustard and other seasonings and then dragged through panko bread crumbs, Romano cheese, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. These were then baked in a hot oven until crisp.











And, then came the bride...

Well, then came the cake.





Intricately decorated in muted jewel tones, these cakes take the form of miniature wedding cakes and handsome bundt cakes.  They're jammy cakes! A light, moist spice pound cake has been baked with a swirl of blackberry jam--giving each one an elegant deep purple surprise inside!  Each was glazed and then beautifully decorated.









I should write about weddings more often.







15 comments:

Matt said...

How sweet and beautiful! I love it!

April said...

Your mom is so clever.

Carolyn said...

What a breautiful way to celebrate! I'm very impressed!! And everything looks so yumsy.

Book Gurl said...

I love the decorating on on the cakes!

Angelo said...

Awesome fritata! I want little cakes ofr my wedding someday. That would be sweet!

Sam P said...

So, so cute!

Gene said...

Those look better than the big cake at my own wedding.

Renee said...

Would you look at how beautiful those cakes are? I could go for a nice piece of frittata and some zucchini. Beautiful work.

Kathy said...

Adorable!

Doug said...

Everything looks really good!

Barb said...

Wonderful!

Linda said...

I love the cake idea!!!

Beth Ann said...

I'm scared to do a frittatas ,but I can do an omelette. I am in love eith the cake. I have a zucchini, maybe I'll try the slices.

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous!

Susan said...

Such a good idea!